Happy Halloween

Trick or Treat Blinkie

Frankly Halloween Background

Saturday, August 09, 2008

Breaking Dawn is Here!


July was my month for book club, we read The Wednesday Letters and were suppose to meet on July 31....but I knew that Breaking Dawn was being released the next day, so I changed book club to the next night. We met a bit later, a handful of people came and we had a nice time chatting and discussing the book. The real excitement started after 10 pm. Anyone that wanted to, met at my house at 10 pm and we car pooled to The King's English for the Breaking Dawn Party.

When we got there we got received our pieces of paper saying that we had pre-ordered our book and then check out the goings-on. It was fun to see all the crazy, vampire-werewolf-lovin' women. There was a contest for Bella's wedding dress (which wasn't even really described or talked about in BD), a Trivia Bowl (I hadn't even heard of some of the questions or know what they heck they were talking about) but there was a ton of girls and women that did! They had cookies for sale Edward vs. Jacob (the Edward Cookies sold out). Oh! And tons of people had shirts printed and made things themselves!

One of my favorite parts was getting a picture with the Volturi that were in town to make sure no rules were broken!!!!

One of the printed shirts...My SIL, Haley, and her twin sisters, Allison & Lesley waiting for midnight! (Notice The Host in the background)
My BFF, Heather. Yes, I know I look like I'm going to bite someone...but I didn't. I was just so excited!
Looking back at all the people waiting around for Breaking Dawn to be broken out!

Haley didn't pre-order a book, but she did get a BOX!! She cracks me up!

This was my vote for Bella's Wedding Gown


This was my sister's vote for Bella's Wedding Gown

Yes! We are freaks!

7 comments:

Sandy Plummer said...

Well Huckleberry! There are young moms in my ward who did the midnite party for Breaking Dawn too! A couple of my nieces are all into it too! I haven't read any of them!

Angie & Willy said...

Oh maaaaaaan!!! Too cool :) Looks like a total blast! I just picked up my copy yesterday because I didn't know where I'd be at release time so i didn't dare pre-order anywhere and couldn't pre-order online since I didn't have a definite address. And the B&N closest to me is in Honolulu so I trekked to pick up my copy yesterday :) I'm in the middle of a really good read right now and will probably finish it tomorrow or Monday (One of my favorite reasons that I nurse... built in reading time!) and then I'll dive into BD. I know I'll be consumed by it, so I'm frantically trying to get things done around the house so I can focus and enjoy. Good thing the boys start school Monday so I won't have them around distracting me hahahaha.

You look great, by the way!

Angie & Willy said...

Ice Ice Baby? seriously? ROFL. Your music always cracks me up.

I just left a huge long comment and I think Blogger ate it. Grrrrrrrrr. You look awesome and it looks like you had a GREAT time at the BD party!! I'm so jealous. I just got my copy yesterday and I'm anxious to dive in. Finishing up a book I'm currently reading, sending kids off to school on Monday and then I'll be starting BD right away!! can't wait to hear what you thought of it :)

Anonymous said...

You know what this means?? Everyone is going to start blogging again!...since I haven't read a single page of that series.

suz said...

I can't believe I missed it! It looks like you had a blast. You and Heather look so much alike in that picture, you could be sisters!

vickiemariko said...

Cute Pictures! I just finished the book yesterday! I think I'm still trying to take it all in :)

Angela said...

So did you finish the book?!? I thought she did a great job finishing up the series. LOVED IT!

Visit Me on Facebook

How Many Are There of YOU??


HowManyOfMe.com
LogoThere are
5
people with my name in the U.S.A.

How many have your name?


We've been married for 18 years!

Daisypath Next Anniversary PicDaisypathNext Anniversary Ticker

Countries of Traveled

I'm an Aries Girl!

I'm Addicted

You Are 68% Addicted to the Internet
In your opinion, life without the internet is hardly worth living.
Could be, but you probably need a bit more fresh air and sunshine to think clearly.

This Site Has Been Visited