Happy Halloween

Trick or Treat Blinkie

Frankly Halloween Background

Saturday, October 23, 2010

My Favorite Holiday... HALLOWEEN!!!

Todd n' Erin (from a local radio station here in UT) made one of my Halloween dreams come true when I saw that Todd had posted a Gravestones 101 FB photo album.
http://www.facebook.com/#!/album.php?aid=2066698&id=1210836853
Here is my version.
For years, I've been wanting to make some gravestones of my own to add to our Halloween decor. I knew this was the year when I happened upon a lot of styrofoam off the side of the freeway - FREE!
I cut out my stones and started to paint them. I used the Gripper Gray Primer from Home Depot ($10)We had a 2 x 4 and some plywood in the garage, so I (yes, me) used our circular saw and cut out 5" blocks from the 2 x 4 and large enough plywood to back the gravestones. I screwed the blocks to the plywood like so. Then I drilled a hole in the middle of each block for the 8" nail to anchor the gravestone in the lawn.


I also found some liquid nails in the garage and slathered up the back of the gravestones using the "gun". Thankfully, I knew from previous experience that you do not want to get the liquid nail goop anywhere except the places you need.


8" nails at Home Depot are 45 cents. Here is what the back would look like if we had a see through lawn.

Painted Gravestones. Now I just need to let them dry, write on them and add some more shading.


If you stop by our house you will see some of the following decor...


... and be greeted by our 6 Foot Vampire!



We have 3 trees in front of our house with these skeleton apparitions floating in front of them.... ooooooh!





Spooky Stormy Cloudy Full Moon tonight! I love it!

2 comments:

Andria said...

You are so creative! Can't wait to see it all in person.

Anonymous said...

Oooh! I love it!! I love the many trees and a 6 ft vampire?? Love it, love it!!

Visit Me on Facebook

How Many Are There of YOU??


HowManyOfMe.com
LogoThere are
5
people with my name in the U.S.A.

How many have your name?


We've been married for 18 years!

Daisypath Next Anniversary PicDaisypathNext Anniversary Ticker

Countries of Traveled

I'm an Aries Girl!

I'm Addicted

You Are 68% Addicted to the Internet
In your opinion, life without the internet is hardly worth living.
Could be, but you probably need a bit more fresh air and sunshine to think clearly.

This Site Has Been Visited