Happy Halloween

Trick or Treat Blinkie

Frankly Halloween Background

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Church Callings

I currently have 2 church callings...one has always been my "Dream job"...and NO, it's not the Visiting Teaching Coordinator calling. I'm the LIBRARIAN!! I love it. I get to make copies and chat for 2 hours each Sunday, it's great! I do other things than just make copies so I don't go too crazy...at least I don't have to file. Well, I guess I have to file the pictures back in place. I started having a weekly Family Home Evening lesson that I print up and have copies for people to take. That keeps it fun and different each week.

We are currently getting ready for our Visiting Teaching Interviews with the sisters to see how things are going in their groups. Instead of the 2 companions going in to see 1 sister, we have Visiting Teaching Groups. This is a group of 2-6 sisters that all get together at once (as many as can attend) and have their lesson. Some go out to lunch, do activities or just meet at someone's house. My group is having a brunch on Saturday.

For Relief Society we have some pretty neat speakers coming in the next few months. For our RS Birthday Party on March 8 we are have Michael K. Winder, the author of Presidents and Prophets. In April, the other ward that meets in our church invited us to join their RS for Ardeth Kapp (Former YW General President), and in May the stake has planned for Liz Lemon Swindle to speak to us! Check out her beautiful paintings, I know you will recognize some of them. She is amazing! One of my favorites is The Holy Men. Our Stake Primary Presidency gave it to me for Christmas a couple of years ago. There are so many that I would love to have!

Any suggestions for the library or Visiting Teaching? What has worked for you? What has been your motivation to visit teach? What is/are your callings? I'd love to hear from you!

While on the subject of church, please watch this video of Glen Beck closing his portion of the CNN News. It is so touching, and I still cry everytime I watch it.

2 comments:

mamaholstein said...

Thank you for posting that video. I love it!! I haven't been to church in years. Literally. Chris is taking the discussions so he and I are going to start going. Perhaps that is where I need to be to not feel so lonely.

Beach Girl said...

I saw this video, and found it so touching. I am so proud of Glenn Beck for having the courage to share his true feelings and faith on national TV! Thanks!

Visit Me on Facebook

How Many Are There of YOU??


HowManyOfMe.com
LogoThere are
5
people with my name in the U.S.A.

How many have your name?


We've been married for 18 years!

Daisypath Next Anniversary PicDaisypathNext Anniversary Ticker

Countries of Traveled

I'm an Aries Girl!

I'm Addicted

You Are 68% Addicted to the Internet
In your opinion, life without the internet is hardly worth living.
Could be, but you probably need a bit more fresh air and sunshine to think clearly.

This Site Has Been Visited